Ok so I am getting ready to take Bailee in for her well child exam and Boosters for age 11. One of the Boosters that is optional is the HPV Vaccine. I have been reading up on it and it seems safe. I dont think Bai will be sexually active for another 20 years or so (hopefully 30 years lol) but It has been shown to prevent Crevical cancer. Even though cervical cancer does not run in my family i have never had a normal papsmear.....never. Do you think this Vaccine is a good idea. Has anyone heard anything negative about this Vaccine?
On another note. Today Someone told me that they heard my ward was very Clicky. Can you believe that? I have never thought that once and I have been in Clicky wards before. I was totally offended. I think my ward is Great and I love all the families in our ward I think you guys are all wonderful. Clicky......I dont think so! Friendly....very!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
HPV Vaccine
Posted by laceemo3 at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey girl! As for the vaccine, I've never heard anything negative about it. I'm thinking that any chance you have to reduce your risk of cancer is worth it.
Have a great day!!
Good luck with that. I know it only protects against cervical cancer that is from the STD human papillova virus HPV. But I don't know what is the best answer in the future. I have had this discussion with family over the same wonderings. Let me know what you decide.
Do you really think Bai will wait until she's 31 to get married???? lol As for the vaccine, I think it's probably better to be safe than sorry, but tough choice anyway.
I remember reading a big article on this awhile ago. I can't remember all the facts but alot of people seemed opposed to it because the vaccine hasn't been out that long and alot of people thought that getting it would be supporting sexual activity. Kind of like putting your daughter on birth control just in case. I don't think that but I would definately get info about it before giving it to her.
Post a Comment